It’s hard to believe it’s the half-way point of senior year! Before you start the count-down clock to graduation there are a few things you still need to do …
- Make sure your guidance counselor sends your midyear report to all of your Regular Decision and Rolling Admissions schools and any Early Action or Early Decision schools that deferred you into the Regular Decision applicant pool.
- If you haven’t already, you can send a LOCI (Letter of Continued Interest) to any school that deferred you. Be sure to include the following:
- A statement indicating you’re still very interested in attending this school.
- Any new awards, achievements, and activities/employment that have happened since you applied. This includes academic, athletic, performance, and service awards.
- If you’ve competed and done well in any academic, athletic, club, or performance competition, you can send this information as well.
- Your updated GPA and/or ranking (assuming of course that it’s trending up).
If you’re still waiting to hear from the schools where you applied Regular Decision or Rolling Admissions, you can also send a LOCI as a way to connect with them.
The goal is to move your application up in the pile with new and relevant information.