Congratulations! You hit submit. The confetti streamed across your screen. You’re done with applying, right? Not quite.
There are a few steps you need to take to ensure your application is ready to be reviewed by admissions.
- Notify your guidance counselor as they need to send your high school transcript, counselor letter, and teacher recommendations to your colleges.
- If you want the colleges to review your test scores, check to see if they will accept your self-reported scores or if you need to send your scores through the ACT and/or College Board. Send your scores to any college that requires official test scores.
- If you’re submitting an arts supplement, send your portfolio/audition clips/resume to the college.
- Check your email. You should receive confirmations from the colleges stating that they received your application and providing your portal user ID.
- Login to the colleges’ portals.
- Check the portals and your email regularly to see if your application is missing any data or documents. This is also how many schools contact you to schedule an interview.
- If you receive an award, complete a major project, are selected for a leadership position, or have other significant good news after you apply, you should update your application. Check the colleges’ portals to see what their process is.
- Don’t forget to file the FAFSA (and the CSS Profile if required by any of your colleges).
All that’s left is to wait to hear from your schools.
Need help applying? Contact me.